Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Music Gods are Listening...

Do you ever find yourself in a certain mood, and your MP3 player or the radio, seems to mimic your feelings? Do you ever think your iPod is telling you something?

Earlier today, I was brooding about a particular problem I have been aggravated about for several months, trying to come up with a conclusion or a direction in which to go.

Wouldn't you know it that my iPod would play "Struggle Within" by Metallica? Then when the drum beats died out of that one, then "What it Takes" by Aerosmith came on. Then "Minority" by Green Day. Then "Rise Above This" by Seether.

I'm sure the irony of these songs is lost on you. In spite my ability to "read too much into things," I find it funny that my iPod is trying to tell me that I can keep letting this struggle go on, it will ruin me; that I can let go of the problem, but in the end, I'll be the minority; and lastly rise above the problem, and mend myself before it gets me.

Now I know the artists had their own reasons for writing the lyrics the way they did and in no way were they for me personally. Obviously, they had other meaning for their songs. But as they came through my speakers for me in a random shuffle, I believe that they mean something for me at that moment, and for me, that's good enough.

1 comment:

  1. Totally weird! I was baking a cake and Pour some sugar on me by Def Leppard came on...a little later i was putting the cake in the oven when Oven by the melvins came on...later after I put frosting on the cake Lick it by Kiss came on so I licked the beater...oh yeah and much later I heard Face Down @ss Up by 2 Live Crew and....

    ReplyDelete