Friday, December 30, 2011

Keep your friends close... to your heart.

Recently, while hanging out with one friend, we realized that we've been friends for almost 14 years. (Even scarier is that that means it was 14 years since I was a freshman in college... yikes!)

There are times where we go months before we speak to each other, and even a year before we see each other.

But the best thing about this and other friendships I have, is that no matter how much time has passed, no matter how long it's been or how far away we are from each other, we can always pick up exactly where we left off. We resume that level of comfort and contentment, and no matter what, we know we love each other for who we are, for the good and the bad.

It's odd how you can feel closer to friends that are hours away than you do with friends who are just minutes away. It reminds me to cherish all friendships, young and old, because they are what helps build your character. Each one should hold a special place in your heart. It does in mine.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the people I relate to the most either live thousands of mile away, or I haven't seen in forever! I am always reconnecting with someone from the past. One of the many reasons I love facebook. hell I might not talking to most of them more than once a year, but when I do it's like old times.

    ReplyDelete