Monday, August 8, 2011

Play time is a happy time

I love to watch children play. Not in a creepy way, but it just reminds me of the time when life was just so simple. Children look so happy when they are playing, and there are no rules, regulations or discriminations. They have no worries or troubles and they are not thinking about all the things they SHOULD be doing instead of playing. They don't think about the world issues, or what to cook for dinner... they just have a good time and let their crazy imaginations run wild.

Sometimes, I wish I didn't have so many responsibilities. There is ALWAYS something to I HAVE to do. With a long laundry list of things to do (including the laundry!) I find it hard sometimes to just sit down. But even more than that, playing is an activity hard to come by.

I think we all need to get back to that simple feeling of playing, myself included. We need to learn how to play more. Responsibilities will always be there - but sometimes you have to take a break and play, even if it's just for a little while. Your inner child will thank you.

It's like Hurley says on Lost, "You gotta have fun, man."




No comments:

Post a Comment