Monday, January 11, 2010

My Birthday Resolution

When I was 25, I said that if I didn't have a good job, wasn't married or didn't have a house, I'd panic.

With my 30th birthday looming closer and closer, I'm not panicking. I have an excellent job, I am married to the love of my life and I am pleased with the house we bought - despite the fact we live in "East Gish." I am very happy with the life I have chosen, with the family I have been blessed with and the friends who surround me.

Many people make resolutions every New Years. Some say they want to quit smoking, some want to lose weight. With this important birthday weeks away, I am prompted to really take a look at what I want to accomplish in the future, who I want to be, and where my shortcomings are.

I used to write for a living as a reporter and columnist. With my current job, I am more of a designer than a writer and sometime I feel like I have trouble stringing two coherent words together. Someone recently told me that to keep both skills strong, I have to practice both of them.

As one of the resolutions I have made for this, my 30th year on this planet, I will write more. I will use this blog as my medium. I might not write every day but I will write. It might be a commentary, it might be a short story, or it might just be a random description or thought. My hope is that those who read it will 1) enjoy it; 2) make comments and 3) provide me the motivation to keep doing it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment