Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 2 - The Gym

I have decided that 2010 is a year for me to be stronger - in a lot of ways.

Not only did I decide to "strengthen" my brain by writing as much as I can, I also decided to strengthen my body by going to the gym and being healthier. I was pretty diligent in 2008, but my motivation was to look damn good in my wedding dress. I lost 20 pounds by going to the gym three times a week and eating right. I was pretty pleased with my progress and I do have to say that come my wedding day, I looked fabulous! Or so I thought anyway...

The second day at the gym is always harder than the first. I go to the gym in the morning because there is NO way I am going to drag my butt there after work. So instead, I drag my butt out of bed earlier.

This only works if I 1) actually wake up with my alarm and 2) have prepared the night before. This requires me to come home from work, make dinner and then get my gym bag ready for the following day before I go to bed. It is a constant cycle - a habit that I need to form again - to get to the point where I want to be, physically.

I have two motivations this year. One is that I'm turning 30, and I want to be healthy and strong. The big 3-0 has made me realize that I am no longer "young" and that all little holes in my confidence that I have due to "trouble spots" will be gaping canyons if I don't work at them now.

The second motivation is that I have to buy a new bathing suit this year. Now, ladies, you know the frustrations of trying on and buying a new bathing suit. It's worse than bra shopping. For me, it's VERY hard because... well... I'm top heavy. Well maybe not top heavy, due to the fact that my butt is big enough... but definitely heavy up top.

I just don't feel right in a two-piece. I applaud those women who can wear it tastefully but I'm always afraid of the girls falling out!

I go for the one piece bathing suits, but have you ever looked at them? I know I'm getting older but good Lord - do I really need to wear something my grandmother would wear? Do I really need to be THAT cautious? Some have the skirts that go down to your knees and others have huge floral patterns that add volume to any body, never mind one that's already a size 14 with triple Ds!

So I put myself back in the gym and filled our fridge with veggies and fruits. Maybe by springtime, I will be ready to brave the swimsuit section!

And maybe I'll just stay inside. Who needs swimmer's ear anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment